What goes into a custom cookie?
Cookies are a luxury item that may not fit into everyone’s event budget. Keep in mind that the skill specialty tools, as well as time commitment for even a simple design is an investment.
Mixing, rolling, cutting, baking and decorating is a very labor intensive craft. Many hours, over a few days, can be spent on just one dozen cookies. All with intent to provide the client with beautiful, delicious, hand crafted cookies.
Here are just a few of the steps that go into creating my custom cookies for your special life event. Hours to create just 1 dozen custom cookies – 6 to 8 hours.
- Work 1 on 1 with you to research, document and create your custom cookie designs.
- Order special cutters, templates and coloring if required.
- Make the cookie dough – this can be multiple batches depending on flavors.
- Hand roll and cut out cookies – this can entail using different cutters depending on designs.
- Bake multiple trays of cookies to just the perfect level of deliciousness.
- Make and flavor royal icing – again, this can be multiple batches depending on the order size.
- Create multiple batches of icing based on color and consistencies required – this can be incredibly time consuming with multiple designs, needs and color pallets.
- Apply the initial base of royal icing – this can take hours if there are a multitude of designs and colors based on drying time.
- Begin design layers allowing sufficient dry time in between each layer and design element. This can use several various icing consistencies and colors.
- Designs can also include detail elements such as, airbrush, hand painting and drawing, stencil creating and use, projector use, designs or logos, and hand made transfers. These vary in time and can add up to an additional 3 hours per cookie.
- Individually heat seal each cookie, package with love and clean-up.